Read the rules carefully before filling up the form. Link Below
A. Playing the Match:
Once sides and characters have been chosen, the players should begin the first Game in the Match.
The following rules go into effect once a Game ends:
§ The Match is over when either player wins the required number of games (Two out of three games for most tournaments)
§ Once a player has won the required number of games, the winner of the Match should report the result to the Judge/marshall.
§ If there are still Games to be played, the player who lost the Game has the option of switching sides (1p vs 2p) for the next Game.
§ The player who won the game does not have the option of switching sides. He must stay on the same side if the loser does not want to switch.
§ The player who won the last Game is required to keep the same characters, game modes, and order of characters for the next Game.
§ The player who lost the last Game is allowed to choose whatever characters, game modes, or character order he desires.
B. Reporting Equipment Failure:
Video game hardware has a tendency to break down during tournaments. Buttons or joysticks will occasionally breakdown in the middle of a match, leaving the player on the broken side at a significant disadvantage. The following rules will be used in the event of a breakdown.
§ In the event of an equipment failure, they player has the option to stop the Game in progress to obtain an replacement.
§ If a Game is stopped in progress, the reporting player must forfeit the current round.
§ New equipment must be immediately available. If replacement equipment cannot be obtained in a timely manner, the player must continue to play on their current equipment or forfeit the Match.
§ Once replacement equipment is obtained, the player is given the rest of the round to configure their buttons and test the new equipment. If the player gains an undue advantage by doing so (e.g. charging an abundance of super meter), they must forfeit the Game.
§A player may opt to switch out equipment between Games at no penalty. When this occurs, the player will be given ample time to configure his buttons before the next Game begins.
C. House Rules:
§ Any tournament players that are not present when their match is called for pool/semi-final/final matches, without giving staff a valid reason for not being present,will have a period of two (2) minutes to report, to their station with the required equipment. After the two minute period has expired, you will be forced to forfeit your Match. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy,and friends or staff can’t save you.
§ Clutchzone and ARCHcon 2017 has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy toward violence, threats of violence, intimidation, and other forms of thuggery. Any threat of violence, extreme intimidation, or violence of any kind will result in an immediate and lifetime ban.
§ There will be no ties in any tournament. Anyone refusing to play any Match (including the finals) will be disqualified and forfeit all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
These rules are an attempt to insure that the tournament runs fairly and as smoothly as possible. However, unforeseen circumstances may require a special response, and for that reason, Clutchzone and ARCHcon 2017 reserves the right to change any of the tournament rules or remove any player at any time, for any reason, at their sole discretion.
Street Fighter V Tournament Rules
Number of Maximum Participants: 48
4-A. Game Settings
- Game version: PS4
- Double Elimination bracketing.
- Mode: Versus Mode
- Timer: 99 Seconds
- Rounds: 2 of 3
- Handicap: None
- All sets are best-of-3 except for the following matches of the final bracket which are best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals
4-B. Set Procedure
- Players select their characters. Either player may elect to do Double Blind Character Selection
- Players mutually decide on stage. If unable to decide within 10 seconds, random will be chosen.
- The players play the first match of the set
- Winning player of the preceding match is locked into their character.
- The losing player of the preceding match may change their character.
- Players play on the same stage as previous, or random if that was chosen.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 6 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
4-C. Additional Rules
- In Game Macros: All in game macros are allowed to be change by the players.
- Hardware/Controller Macros: Any macros, rapid fire buttons, or similar types, are banned from tournament use.
- Pausing: Purposefully or accidentally pausing mid match will cause the pausing player to forfeit that match, thus giving the opponent an automatic win. Players will then proceed to step 4 of “Set Procedure.”
Preliminations will be held on October 7, 2017 at Clutchzone, Located at General Maxilom Ave. Banilad Cebu City.
Registration Fee: 150 pesos
Deadline for registration is on October 7, 2017. You may pay on the day of the preliminaries. Check-in time is at 12:00PM. Tournament starts at 1:00PM
Instructions on payment:
- Drop your registration fees in this location:
- La Tegola, The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu. Located at the ground floor near Starbucks coffee
- In the front of a white envelope, write your:
and place your registration fee along with it.
- Drop your envelope to the cashier in charge.
Just by registering, each player in the team will avail for an entry for the ARCHcon raffle draw and some ARCHcon freebies. (To be claimed during event day/s only).
Contact the ARCHcon administrators/organizers to:
- Provide feedback on the tournament.
- Ask questions about the specific tournament you participated in/watched.
- Ask questions about prizing.
Contact the ARCHcon marshal to:
- Clear up any questions about rulings at your tournament.
- Ask general questions about tournament rules.
Contact us at:
CHAMPION: 5,000 PHP, Trophy and Framed Certificate.
1st runner up: 1,500 PHP, Framed Certificate
2nd Runner up: 500 PHP, Framed Certificate
*PRIZES WILL CHANGE OVERTIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
Registration fees will go to the SHS-AdC Blue Plate Project.