ARCHCon Hearthstone Tournament
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. When and where does the tournament start?
Answer: Tournament preliminaries will start on October 21, 2017, Saturday, 2 PM; At Magus Games Cebu. It is located at Unit 105, behind Ice Castle Raintree mall, Gen. Maxilom Ave., Cebu City. The 2 players that reach finals will proceed at Robinson’s Galleria on October 29, 2017.
2. What is the tournament format?
Answer: It will be a single elimination, conquest format. The tournament is a expected to be a Fireside Gathering. This is a BRING YOUR OWN mobile phone, tablet or laptop. There will be some laptops provided for tournament use but are very limited.
3. Where can I register?
Answer: Registration fee is Php 150. Drop your registration fees at La Tegola, The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu. Located at the ground floor near Starbucks coffee OR you may pay the registration fee on the day at Magus Games. Please follow the instructions on registration at the Registration Details section of this page.
1. ARCHcon League Guiding Principles
2. Player Eligibility
3. Match Scheduling
4. Code of Conduct
6. Game Settings
7. Match Day
8. Registration Details
- ARCHcon League Guiding Principles
The idea of this tournament is to build friendships, experiences and a competitive environment in the local scene. These rules outline our expectations for all our players. All decisions regarding the interpretation of these rules lie solely with the ARCHcon League organizers. The following set of official game rules are subject to alteration at any time at the discretion of the ARCHcon League organizers. Any proceeds that incurs in the ARCHcon League Tournament will go to the Sacred Heart School – Ateneo de Cebu’s charity drive.
- Player Eligibility
- To be eligible, players must meet the following criteria:
- Players act as their own coordinator and are responsible for scheduling and playing their own games unless the organizer permits otherwise.
- Players must abide by the ARCHcon League Code of Conduct.
- Any player that receives a name change must report it to the Tournament Administrator or may be subject to disqualification.
- Lives anywhere in the Philippines.
- Players are ineligible to compete if they meet any of the following criteria:
- Players with an account that is banned or suspended at the time of registration, or any time during the season, are ineligible to play until their ban or suspension is lifted.
- The player is not in the designated Facebook group.
- Match Scheduling
- Preliminary matches will be played on October 21, 2017, Saturday at 2 PM. Matches are to be played in Magus Games Cebu.
- No shows and opponents who fail to check-in within the 15 minutes time frame, your opponent will receive a default win which is irreversible.
- Players must make their best effort to honor the scheduled time of the competition. If a conflict arises, contact the tournament administrator.
- Code of Conduct
- Cheating or any other kind of game dishonesty may result in severe repercussions including but not limited to:
- Player ban from tournament
- Player ban from all ARCHcon gaming tournaments
- Regarding chat:
- Bad manner and deprecation are not allowed.
- Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Racial slurs
- Remarks on sexual orientation
- Remarks on gender
- Negative Remarks mocking players based on skill
- Remarks on disabilities
- Remarks on religion
- If you witness a breach in the Code of Conduct:
- Do not retaliate in a way that further violates the ARCHcon League Code of Conduct.
- Screenshot the breach of conduct in question and submit them through the contact form on our website AND notify the Tournament Admin immediately via the Facebook group.
- Penalties relating to breaches in the Code of Conduct will be decided on a case by case basis
- Egregious violations of our code of conduct may lead to an immediate disqualification from the league.
- Repeat offenders will immediately be disqualified, regardless of severity of either reported breach of the Code of Conduct. The ARCHcon League expects players to reform their behavior after the initial violation.
- Keep in mind that this is a general rule and that any ARCHcon League Administrator has the right to recommend disqualification regardless of previous warnings, given an exceptional circumstance. It is at the discretion of the ARCHcon League Administrator to modify any of the rules and punishments listed above to enforce fair play between official ARCHcon League players in a tournament.
- Players should be ready 15 minutes before their respective match. Tardiness will be penalized with forfeiture of the match.
- The following actions will be considered unfair play without exception (do not accuse a player of any type of unfair play without photo evidence):
- The use of any settings exceeding the standard and permitted game settings.
- Intentionally allowing an opponent to win a match.
- Unsportsmanlike or disruptive behavior, such as inappropriate and/or unprofessional actions directed towards another player or a Tournament Administrator.
- The use of an in-game bug that is determined by the Tournament Administrator to be unfair.
- Intentional impersonation of an Tournament Administrator.
- At any time during an official match, a Tournament Administrator may identify and enforce any applicable form of unfair play.
- Game Settings and Rules
- Win Condition: Victory is achieved by the first player to win in 3 separate games.
- Both players must bring 4 decks, and announce their classes to their opponent once they load into the challenge screen.
- Both players will then load into a game with the deck they ban, and immediately concede to show the 3 classes they will play for the set
- Players must have only 4 available decks from their 4 different classes available on loading screen, it is highly recommending that you ask your opponent for a screenshot before the game of their challenge screen
- If you win a game, you must choose a different class to play with the next game.
- If a player loses, the player may use the same deck as the previous game, without changing any cards, or may choose another hero that they have not won with during that match.
- This tournament is run in a Best of 5 Conquest style format.
- This means that you CANNOT play both “Zoolock and Handlock” or “Patron Warrior and Control Warrior” or any other combination of decks of the same class in the same match.
- To be extra clear, you can not play a different decklist of the same hero in the same match, even if you lose with one decklist.
- If any player disconnects during the game, it will result in a loss for that game if they are unable to join in the time allotted by Blizzard’s servers.
- Restrictions: This tournament is ran in standard format, which means that only sets of the past two years and the classic may be used. In other words, the sets of Naxxramas and Goblins vs. Gnomes may not be used for this tournament. Any other expansions that are coming will be allowed as long as they follow the “year of the kraken” standard set.
- Players are only allowed to have 4 decks in their Custom Deckslots. This rule is in place to remove the possibility of players “teching” cards out and having very similar deck lists.
- Players who feel that their opponent has more than 4 decks created in their deck slots may request a screenshot from their opponent of their “Battle a Friend” screen. Players with more than 4 custom decks may be subject to match forfeiture. If your opponent refuses to send a screenshot of their custom decks in the “Battle a Friend” screen without leaving that screen, contact a tournament administrator IMMEDIATELY.
- If your opponent requests seeing your decks in the “Battle a Friend” screen, you are required to take a screenshot and send it to them (preferably via imgur). You are not required to share a screenshot of your decklists.
- Region: North America
- During the match, both players that will be participating must stay online at all times. Any violation of this may result in a forfeiture of a game or the entire match.
- The ARCHcon League Hearthstone competition follows all of Blizzard’s Terms of Service and will enforce it in case of violations.
- Players may not change the cards of their deck or leave the “Battle a friend” deck selection screen during the duration of the match.
- Spectating – It is your responsibility to keep yourself safe from possible cheaters who might spectate your game. Take the necessary precautions to change your settings to not allow
- Match Day
- The default match time for Game 1 is 3 PM on October 21, 2017, Saturday.
- Once in the Challenge / Battle a Friend screen, both players must share the 3 different classes they plan on playing. Once you enter that screen and share decks, you are not allowed to cancel that screen for the rest of the match.
- Between games, players are not allowed to leave the Challenge screen and edit their decks. If your opponent does leave the challenge screen, they may be subject to forfeiture of that match.
- Players are allowed to switch their decks after losing a game.
- Players are not allowed to edit their decks between games.
- Both players have equal responsibility to contact their opponent, and failure to show and effort to connect can result in match forfeiture.
- Match Reporting
- After the match has finished, players shall report scores tot he tournament administrators in the venue.
- See Section 5 (Penalties) for tardiness rules.
- Stoppage of Play
- If a player queues into a game with a deck that they did not specify they were playing, it is a 2 game loss. One loss is for the infraction of having more than 4 decks in the deck select. The other is for playing a deck they did not tell their opponent about. More serious infractions of this may result in a set loss or disqualification from the tournament.
- If a player is caught talking to other players about their match in ways of gaining an unfair advantage, they shall immediately lose the set and be reviewed by a tournament administrator for disqualification depending on the severity of the violation.
- Any form of “win-trading” shall also not be allowed. If a player contacts you asking for a win for whatever reason, inform a tournament administrator immediately.
- Registration Details
- Registration fee is Php 150 per player.
- Deadline for registration is on September 30, 2017. Schedule of drop off: 3:00PM – 7:00 PM daily.
Instructions on payment:
- Drop your registration fees in this location:
- La Tegola, The Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu. Located at the ground floor near Starbucks coffee
- In the front of a white envelope, write your:
and place your registration fee along with it.
- Drop your envelope to the cashier in charge.
- Be sure to settle the registration fee the deadline, September 30, 2017. No pay, no play.
- You may also pay on-the day at Magus Games Cebu located at Unit 105, behind Ice Castle Raintree mall, Gen. Maxilom Ave., Cebu City.
- Drop your registration fees in this location:
Tournament preliminaries will be On-site in Magus Games Cebu and will start on October 21, 2017. Check-in will start at 2 PM.
Finals will be played on the event day: October 29, 2017
Prizes and rewards:
1st Place – Php 2,000 and a card pack
2nd Place – Php 1,000 and a card pack
3rd – Php 500 and a card pack